Jin Wave Studio LLC
May 12, 2021
PC and Switch
Jin Conception is a social deduction fantasy thriller turn based JRPG.
Eight playable characters stories intertwine when three characters enter Final Layer
and two vanish without a trace. One returns back from Final Layer but claims to not
remember what happened. Who do you trust? Who is telling the truth and who is lying?
Who is friend and who is foe?
Jin Conception is a single player game where you have to figure out who is friend and who is foe. In order to progress the story one will need to solve a chain of clues.
Development for Jin Conception started in July 2019. Jin Conception was made using SFML.
- Strategic turn based combat involving balance.
- Battles happen on the same field as movement, no switching screens when combat starts.
- Affliction and buff system, for example, players cannot run away if they have stuck affliction.
- Double and triple Jin techs allow party members to combine their attacks with each other to form stronger attacks.
- Traps can be set in combat for strategic purposes such as delaying an attack for later.
- There is more than one ending.
- The foe or foes can change.
- Every step of the way has at least one clue to guide the player.
- Hint system to guide players to the next destination.
- One can ignore hints and clues to explore.
- A reward is provided at the end for correctly deducing the friend(s) and foe(s).
- The entire game can be beaten without grinding.
Jin Conception Trailer (MP4)